Saturday, September 27, 2008

Well, the Raya holidays are finally here. THANK GOD! Sadly, exams are also just around the corner. WHY?!
Well, here is a short story with no ending(yet) that I have cooked up in my free time.It's amazing that I actually have free time.
*This has nothing to do with my life and the story is truely fictional*


The song keeps echoing in my head…I absolutely love it. Sadly, it was yesterday’s song. All my friends are over it, when I have just heard it’s melodious tune. I have to start keeping track of all what is going on in my life and my friends if not, I’ll be left in behind by the 2020 bus. “Angela, get down this instant! Cousin Loh is here!” Oh, no! Cousin Loh is here! Somebody get me the Help Hotline for getting rid of unwanted relatives. Not that I hold any grudges on Cousin Loh, it is just he is a bit annoying. Okay, who am I trying to fool? He is very annoying. I pretend to be held up in my room for another 5 minutes until my mum comes up and starts banging the door down. She practically drags me down two flights of stairs. I enter the living room with a fake smile and nod my head greeting hello. “Uh, Cousin Loh, here is Angela….” my mom voice trails off. By the way, if you are wondering I’m Angela Chew. “Oh, how you have grown. How old are you now?13?” Cousin Loh asks smiling like idiot. 13? Please…I’m 14. And the words ‘you don’t look 14’ better not come out from his big, fat mouth. Cause I’m a black belt in Taekwando and I’ll kick him until he flies to the Greenland and freezes over there. Sadly, he doesn’t say it. So, I have to just sit on the sofa next to my mum who is in her favourite pink dress, looking like an angel. I am an angel, just not when Cousin Loh is around.

Signing off,
YOURS TRUELY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!A budding writer I see! Loved that excerpt of your story. Can't wait to read more of it. You've certainly possess a vast potential in writing.Keep it up! Writing's definitely in your blood.Say,why don't you create a separate blog dedicated entirely to your fictional work. I wanna read

Anonymous said...

oh...a story...I definitely want to read more...

Aarti said...

Oh by the way,I just updated my blog. And i'm tagging you :)